All good things come to an end, and so it was for Rochard’s Art Competition. We are here today to celebrate both the winners and the courageous users daring to enter the contest…
Plus, we really feel we should give back something to those of you with a DA account. So, wouldn’t it be nice if all Rochard‘s fans could take a look at your other works? Here we go with the list, for all to explore:
And now the most awaited part of the post: the three submissions that will bring home a copy of Rochard‘s soundtrack signed both by Poets of the Fall and the Recoil’s Team:
ROCHARD, by ArtGhoul71
Outta Hell, by LuvDv
Congratulations to the winners (we will contact you privately as soon as possible for the delivery details) and a friendly pat in the back to all the others.
It’s finally time to release the second and last part of our making of on the production of Rochard. In Part 1 we spoke with Burt Kane and Markus “Captain” Kaarlonen about the 80’s-inspired disco/southern rock soundtrack. This time around we focus instead on elements such as Level Design, Story, Art and Engine.
Making the legendary Finnish shyness a thing of the past, our Skyrig security cameras managed to record footage of: Samuli Syvähuoko (founder of Recoil Games), Juhana “Hulu” Virtanen (Lead Designer of Rochard), Toni Hollming (Senior Level Designer) and last but not least Hans Zenjuga, our exceptional Art Director.
Go ahead, watch it, enjoy it and share it!
Hello there, space miners and bandits! Have you enjoyed your Steam or PSN copy of Rochard? Would you like to put your hands on a few more copies of that signed soundtrack that got so many of you excited a few weeks ago? Now you have a second chance!
Here are the rules:
1) Recoil Games just opened an account on DeviantArt, hosting all the drawings and artworks from Rochard‘s production. Go check it out and tell your friends about it!
2) If you have a DeviantArt account, send us a note about your Rochard-related deviation and we will feature it. This is our preferred delivery method: more people will have the chance to see how great is your work. If you don’t have a DeviantArt account, and don’t want to make one, send us your masterpiece to the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ART COMPETITION”, and we will take care of uploading it.
It can be literally anything! A scanned sketch on a napkin, a 3D model, a digitally manipulated photo… the only guideline is that your masterpiece must be related to Rochard somehow (can be a character, a tool, a Skyrig environment…). If your inspiration is running dry, take a look at what we have on our account, or take a break and play the game a bit more!
3) The competition ends on December 10th. All entries will be uploaded to a special gallery on our DeviantArt account and the 3 we like best will be rewarded with a copy of Rochard‘s soundtrack, signed both by the team and Poets Of The Fall. Keep in mind, you don’t need to be an artist to do this! Just send us something cool, or funny, and you will be elegible for the prizes.
Ready? Then pick up that brush / pencil / G-Lifter and start drawing!
Dear friends, the day you were waiting for is finally here! From this precise moment Rochard is available on Steam for all Windows PCs, and the early comers get an additional 15% discount on the normal price.
We would like to thank you all for the patience and love you showed us during these months. At times we felt overwhelmed and surprised, especially when we realized that some of our biggest fans were supporting Recoil’s efforts even without the direct possibility to play the game on PlayStation 3. This PC release is dedicated to you, true Rochard‘s ambassadors, and possibly John’s favourite team of astro-miners.
But before we all get too sentimental, let’s rojoyce! It’s launch day after all, so let’s quickly recap Rochard‘s key features for the absent ones:
- 5 long Chapters crammed with fast-paced platforming action and mind-bending puzzles based on gravity
- A beautifully crafted cartoonish visual style, rich with humor and personality
- Incredible items able to influence gravity and grab, swing and throw objects to solve puzzles or get rid of enemies
- A groovy soundtrack composed by Markus “Captain” Kaarlonen from Poets of the Fall, mixing southern rock/blues and 80′s inspired electronic music
- The legendary performance of Jon St. John as the voice of protagonist John Rochard
- The most advanced use of the Unity engine in a video game
You might also want to take a look at the minimun and suggested hardware requirements, just to make sure your machine it’s up to the job.
Minimun System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP SP2
- Processor: 2.6 GHz single core
- Memory: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
- Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: Integrated audio interface
- Additional: Notice that the game does not run on most of the integrated video cards such as Intel GMA. It also requires at least 256 MB of video memory to run smoothly.
Suggested System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core
- Memory: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
- Video Card: GeForce 8 series, ATI Radeon HD2xxx
- DirectX®: 10.0
So that’s all for today, folks. We really hope you will jump to Steam right away and start having fun with Rochard!
Guys, thank you. The little contest we launched the other day on our Facebook page was an astounding success! With more than 200 entries racing for the possibility to play Rochard on PC one day in advance, the choice of the best three suggestions was hard as a rock.
But after much internal debating, we reached an agreement and set the name of the winners in stone.
The lucky winners are:
- Mari Annika P.
- Matthias W.
Congratulations! We will contact you privately as soon as possible with your well deserved Rochard code.
To those who were not picked: please accept a virtual cookie as a token of our appreciation, and do not forget that tomorrow Rochard is coming out on Steam! Head right away to the game’s Steam page and keep a close look at that timer…
PS: we have now a G+ Page as well. Wanna follow?